Friday, 7 November 2008

Video Games Live 2008: Cosplay Extravaganza

I went along to Video Games Live 2008.

A brief review and synopsis would be along the lines of:

1st Half
1st game music montage: Great
Magical Sound Shower: Great
Mario bit: OK
Rest of the first half: OK
Wine in interval: Too Sweet

2nd Half
I can't do tjhis bit in bullets cos it was fucking weird. Imagine a big orchestra playing themes you don't know from JRPGs you don't give a shit about. Now combine that with an audience of fucking uber nerds whooping and hollering to pictures of fan art done by kids with a fucking pack of crayola.

Now imagine that every male in there, bar me and a few other sane people, were trying to conceal their Japanophile hard-ons. We left early as we didn't to be victims of a Final Fantasy bukkake.

It wasn't a complete waste though. There was also:



Cosplay
Now I'm not a massive fan of this at all but this was possibly the highlight of the show. It was some of the worst cosplay I've seen and I'm fucking gutted that I didn't take any photos.

The dude who won the competition was wearing a shop-bought master chief outfit. There were a load of Solid Snakes and somem more fucked up RPG shit that I couldn't give a toss about.

They made this look good.

Meow......Fail







No comments: